Just a little over 3 months ago I’ve written about the Good Food Month in Brisbane and here I am again. I moved and settled in Melbourne just in time for Good Food Month Melbourne edition (that’s the moment when I high five myself).
I finally had a moment to read through the program (full program can be found on the good food website) and here are my top picks:
- Night Noodle Markets, November 14-30, Birrarung Marr (near Federation Square) – free entry, dishes $5-$15, 17 nights, 50 food stalls and food trucks. I’m excited to see Sake on the list of stallholders, as they served the best udon during Brisbane noodle markets. Bring it on!
- Breakfast Club – $20 includes a set menu plus tea or coffee; weekdays only. My local St Ali sounds the most interesting to me: offal tasting plate: pig’s head croquettes, ox tongue and deep-fried brains served with a gentleman’s relish – things I wouldn’t order normally, but am excited to try.
- Surprise Saturday Lunch – once-only menus, out-of-the-box experiences. 3 of them caught my attention: Colour Your Palate, Saturday Surprise Market, These Are A Few Of Our Favorite Things.
- Good Dinners Under $30 – two-course menu for $30 or under (per person), for two or more people.
- Bar Hop – Tanqueray gin-inspired cocktail and matched bar snack for $20.
- Cider and Slider – snack + a glass of Thatchers for $10.