Not so long ago I stumbled upon this great recipe @ Hot Polka Dot. With the peach season starting and my love to fruity cakes I baked this one straight away and it was a winner: light, airy, moist and not too sweet.
1/4 cup honey
2-3 peaches, sliced
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
110g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
1. Preheat the oven to 175C (350F).
2. Butter a small (22cm/9 inch) round cake pan. Place a round parchment paper at the bottom of the pan and butter it.
3. Spread the 1/4 cup of honey over the bottom of the pan then arrange the peach slices on top.
4. Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
5. In an electric mixer cream together the butter, sugar and honey. Add the eggs.
6. Stir the dry ingredients into the batter and mix until smooth.
7. Pour the batter over the peaches and honey layer and bake 30 – 35 min.
8. Cool the cake on a cooling rack for about 10 – 15 minutes.
9. Once the pan is cool enough to touch carefully flip the cake over onto a big plate.