Not so long ago we returned from another trip to Japan – this time we’ve traveled around the country, visiting major cities, enjoying wonderful, hot summer weather and eating a lot. Here are my favourite photos and moments from the trip:
1. Visiting snow monkeys in the middle of summer.
2. Old streets of Kyoto by night.
3. Walking up the hill under thousands of torii gates.
4. Views from the Kiyomizu-dera temple.
5. Bright and colourful neons in Osaka.
6. Serenity of the Minoo Park.
7. Day trip to Miyajima Island.
8. Reaching the summit of Mt. Misen in over 30-degree heat. (that’s over 85ºF)
9. Having a quiet moment looking at the floating lanterns near the A-Bomb Dome in Hiroshima on the 70th anniversary of the first atomic bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima on August 6, 1945.
10. Walking from Shinjuku to Yoyogi, waiting for another train to pass.
11. Streets of Shinjuku – no matter if you’re there during a day or at night, they’re always full of life.
12. Looking at Matsumoto Castle during sunset. Spectacular. (there was also a drum festival happening that evening, so imagine drums playing in the background, one of those moments you remember forever)
Polish-born Melburnian. Photographer, avid traveller and wife. Founder of Gourmand Guide (gourmandguide.com). Coffee addict, aviation enthusiast, cat & alpaca lover, packaging geek. Very OCD about itineraries and ready to start any road trip with 2 minutes notice.