These light, fluffy and easy to make pancakes will bring sumer to your mind, no matter what weather or time of the year it is at the moment. They’re not too sweet, so you can top them with lots of icing sugar or honey.
Yoghurt pancakes with strawberries
- 250 g (8.5 fl oz or 1 cup) full-fat greek or natural organic yoghurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 – 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 and 1/3 cup plain flour (sifted)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 vanilla pod
- pinch of salt
- few strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- Mix yoghurt with eggs and coconut oil. Add sugar, sifted flour, baking powder, vanilla beans from 1 pod and salt. Mix until smooth. (it will be quite thick)
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Using about 1 table spoon of the mixture per pancake, cook pancakes: 3 to 4 minutes on one side. Place strawberry slices on each, turn and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate. Serve sprinkled with icing sugar or topped with honey.
Recipe based on this one at kwestiasmaku.pl (in Polish) – I’ve replaced oil with coconut oil, which gave the dish really lovely coconutty flavour. I also added fresh vanilla.