Some time ago when we were very active CouchSurfing hosts we accepted a bunch of stay requests at one time and ended up with people sleeping on the floor in every room. One of our German guests came up with an emergency dessert. The task wasn’t easy – my oven was broken and she had to satisfy tastes of people from 4 different countries. She pulled it off and it was a hit for everyone. The best part is that she made it all in 5 minutes!
- 250g mascarpone or coconut cream
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 4 biscuits (like Scotch Finger or something nuttier, you can mix different flavours)
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2tbsp shredded coconut – to sprinkle on top
- Mix mascarpone with sugar and vanilla beans or if you’re using coconut cream – beat in an electric mixer with sugar until peaks form and add vanilla beans.
- Crumble biscuits in a food processor or place them in a plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin.
- Divide biscuits among 4 serving glasses.
- Top with pineapple and mascarpone/coconut cream and sprinkle shredded coconut on top.